Monday, March 17, 2008

YEAH!

My weekend of knitting. Between my MIL coming to visit (had to see the baby), and our bathroom being torn down, I managed to find time to knit (and even cast on 2 new projects.)

First up.
Socks.
I know myself, I would succumb to second sock syndrome. I needed a good way to do both socks at once. So I found the book 2 socks on circulars. I couldnt find cat bordi's book but I will probably hunt that down at some point since I'm a book whore.

I cast on, messed up, cast on again, and...got the hang of it. I am only 4 rows into the ribbing (doing a very basic pattern for the first set).

Now they are cuff down, so toe up is my next challenge. There is the Silvers Sock tutorial which I will probably read through at some point.

Second project:
Husbands cigar gloves.
Now that I am knitting again, everytime he see's me knitting he starts coughing *cigar* in my ear. I think he thinks he's being cute. (he is) :)
So I grabbed the yarn (and the pattern) and today during a break I cast them on. June is father's day, so let's hope I can get them done in time. Although...Summer..San Diego...he probably wont be wearing them until Fall.

No comments: