Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I hate socks. No...not really...but they seem to be fighting me

Granted it's probably somewhat my fault. Instead of choosing a simple sock I wanted to learn 2 socks on 2 circulars.... Hell 2 socks on 1 circular would of been fine too.
I thought I'd avoid the second sock syndrome...I'd keep gauge uniform...I'd...
BLIMEY.

First off I tried it with some worsted weight, which although nice I got to like 10 rows and thought "holy crap this is a thick sock..."

I have sock weight yarn...I can do this. SO I frog the worsted weight.

So now I need to figure out how many stitches for fingering weight... ok...so I think this other pattern will do but..wait..my size 4 circulars are a bit big on this....I'm a loose knitter. I need 2's probably....
No problem..I have...wait...no I dont.

Ok I go to the store.
2 sets of size 2's 16 inch circular's...different colors so I can tell which needle is which...PERFECT.

I get home.
I cast on.
I knit one row...
I see my ladders.

I HATE 16 inch circulars. I end up stretching the damn thing out cause I just cant...they arent long enough to get my damn needles together....

ARGH.

So now tomorrow back to a DIFFERENT store (this time a knitting store instead of a craft store.) to buy 24 inch size 2 circulars.

Then I need to return the other two needles...or donate them.

I hate 16 inch circulars.

The 36 inch circulars I'm working on Jule's pants with...Now THOSE rock...lots of space to knit.

le sigh.

No comments: