Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So...this journal was just supposed to be *knitting* related

For the most part I *journal* on another place. This was just supposed to be for my knitting related stuff...but as always real life seeps into knitting life.

Besides giving birth in November 2007, (thus having a 5 month old...which seriously impacts knitting...) we found out my husband has bleeding in his brain. Well we found out June/July of last year, but it happened again in October, and the follow up from March isn't great.

More specifically a cavernous malformation between the 3rd and 4th ventricle on the brain stem which did burst in October and is now slowly leaking and clotting. This is causing his eyes to be unable to function (focus, lazy eye, he has double vision constantly). It is also causing hydrocephalus. So we might be having brain surgery.

I didn't want to say something at first because it seems like a cry for help. It isn't. It's just why my responses are slow.

I'm looking on the bright side. I'm knitting him cigar gloves for next winter, which means he has to be around to use them right?

No comments: